This episode will talk you through a set of pelvic floor exercises.
These episodes are short, these episodes are actionable, and are designed to just help you get it done and tick off your pelvic floor from the to-do list.
Perfect if you’re having a vaginal or a caesarean birth, pre-pregnancy, during pregnancy, or years and years down the track.
You could even send this podcast episode to your mum, as pelvic floor exercises are something I believe ALL women need to do.
Although I am talking you through this pelvic floor set, if you’ve been listening to me for awhile you will know I always say how everyone is on their own journey,
Everyone is different.
Focus on quality over quantity.
Any discomfort or questions please do stop and consult your healthcare provider.
And, don’t forget these exercises don’t substitute for a pelvic floor assessment by your local pelvic floor physio, they are designed to help with motivation, and support, to just help you to get them done more consistently.
Right, let’s do it! And come and let me know on Instagram @fitnestmama when you’ve completed your pelvic floor set!
Pelvic floor health is essential for women at every stage of life, whether they are pregnant, new mothers, or years down the road. In this episode of the Fitness Mama Podcast, we dive into a set of pelvic floor exercises designed to be short, actionable, and help you check off an important item on your to-do list. With our step-by-step instructions and guidance, we aim to make these exercises more manageable and enjoyable. So, let’s get started on strengthening your pelvic floor and improving your overall well-being.
1. Suitable for All Women: Regardless of your current stage in life, these pelvic floor exercises are beneficial for every woman. Whether you’re expecting a baby, recently gave birth, or simply want to take care of your pelvic floor health, these exercises are for you.
2. Short and Actionable: We understand that finding time for exercises can be challenging, especially with a busy schedule. That’s why our exercises are designed to be short yet effective. By dedicating a few minutes of your day, you can complete your pelvic floor routine and reap the benefits of a stronger pelvic floor.
3. Making Exercises Manageable and Enjoyable: Pelvic floor exercises can sometimes feel monotonous or tedious. However, in this episode, we provide instructions and guidance to make the exercises more enjoyable. By having the host talk you through each step, you’ll feel motivated and empowered to complete your pelvic floor routine.
4. Share Your Progress: We believe in celebrating achievements together. We encourage you to share your completion of the exercises on Instagram. Connect with us at @fitnessmama and let us know that you’ve successfully completed your set. Your progress matters, and we love hearing from our community.
5. Introducing the Pyramid Set: In this episode, we introduce a pyramid set of exercises. This set is structured to gradually increase and then decrease the number of repetitions. It’s a great way to challenge your pelvic floor muscles and see progress over time.
6. Relaxation Phase: Before diving into the exercises, we guide you through a relaxation phase. By taking deep breaths and consciously relaxing your pelvic floor and abdominal muscles, you create a foundation for the upcoming routine.
7. “Zipping Up” Technique: The exercise involves a technique known as “zipping up” the pelvic floor muscles. It’s similar to the sensation of trying to prevent passing wind. You’ll learn to tighten and draw in your pelvic floor muscles, engaging the back passage, middle passage, and front passage. Remember, every woman’s experience is unique, so find the technique that works best for you.
8. The Pyramid Set: We begin with one repetition and gradually increase to ten before counting back down to one. Each repetition involves “zipping up” and fully releasing your pelvic floor muscles. Take deep breaths and maintain relaxation throughout the routine.
9. Deep Breathing and Relaxation: Throughout the exercise routine, we emphasize the importance of deep breathing and relaxation. By incorporating these elements, you enhance the effectiveness of the exercises and promote a sense of calm and well-being.
Congratulations! You’ve completed the pelvic floor exercise set. By dedicating a few minutes to strengthen your pelvic floor, you’ve taken a significant step toward improving your overall health. We hope you enjoyed this episode of the Fitness Mama Podcast and found the exercises manageable and enjoyable. Don’t forget to share your success with us on Instagram, @fitnessmama. Stay tuned for our next episode, where we’ll continue to support your fitness journey. Keep up the great work!
FitNest Mama Instagram: @fitnestmama
All information is general in nature and doesn’t substitute individualised assessment, treatment and diagnosis. If you have any questions or concerns please consult your healthcare provider.