You’re expecting. CONGRATULATIONS!
Finding out you’re expecting is an exciting time, but you may also feel nervous. Especially if you’ve had a difficult birth or heard stories from your friends about their less-than-pleasant experiences.
And you’re probably wondering how to best prepare yourself for the most pleasant birth experience possible and accelerate your recovery after so you can get back to the activities you love.
The good news is you can take many simple steps to prepare yourself physically and mentally for the best birth and recovery possible.
But Kath, what does a great birth and recovery journey look like exactly?
I’m glad you asked! Every woman’s birthing experience and recovery is unique, but some of the most common ways my clients experience their “best” birth possible:
- Being able to move your body while pregnant with safe movements that keep your body strong leading up to when you give birth.
- Heading into birth with minimal back and pelvic pain OR if you feel pain, you know simple ways to help (or support) your body as it moves through it.
- Knowing how to prepare for labour with evidence-backed massage and active birth techniques.
- Feeling calm and at ease going into birth because you’re prepared for what comes next in terms of after-care for you and your baby. You’re equipped and educated on how to heal your pelvic floor and core after birth.
The best way to prepare yourself is with mindful, supportive movement (like pilates and yoga designed for pregnant women) designed by peri-natal experts who have your back.
I’m Kath Baquie, qualified physiotherapist and mum to 3 gorgeous daughters.
Even though I had worked with mamas-to-be years before I gave birth, I realised something after I had my first baby. Everyone has an opinion on how you should get ready to have your baby… your mum, mother-in-law, the doctor on TV, and everyone in between. And if I had to see one more thing about losing weight and getting my pre-baby body back, I could’ve screamed!
The truth is, now that you’re having a baby, your body is changing, and that’s not a bad thing! Instead, why not approach pregnancy and birth with a specific plan that can help you stay feeling your best before, during, and immediately after birth?
This is what the FitNest Mama pregnancy exercise program is all about. Whether this is your first birth or your 2nd or 3rd, we’re here to help you have the best experience possible.
Keep reading to find out how we can work together, and I look forward to supporting you along your pregnancy journey!
Online Pregnancy-Specific Pilates and Yoga Workout Programs carefully curated by Qualified, Proven Experts.
Stay fit and healthy, support healthy childbirth and prepare for optimal post-pregnancy recovery with Perinatal Physiotherapist Recommended online content from the comfort of your home!
Feel Confident Going Into Childbirth
Say goodbye to being swayed or pressured by random influencers, family members, or doctors on tv. Get the information you need to decide which science-backed strategies are best for you and your baby and align with your values.
Protect Against Pregnancy Injuries
Whether you’re a first-time mum who wants to get it right or a repeat mum who wants to avoid the mistakes you made last time, we have something for you! Our online resources and pilates/yoga workouts help reduce the likelihood of core muscle injury, incontinence after childbirth, pelvic organ prolapse, and other pregnancy injuries.
Stay Active While Pregnant, Safely
No need to worry about what moves are safe for you and your baby.
Our online pregnancy workouts have been created by a professional perinatal physiotherapist and give you peace of mind you’re exercising safely. And they can all be done from the comfort of your home with items you already have, for maximum convenience!
What's Included In Your FitNest Mama Prenatal Membership?
Consider this membership your one-stop-shop of curated resources you need before and immediately following childbirth so you can prepare for and have the best experience and recovery possible. When you join, you get access to the entire pre AND post-natal programs.
Physio-created Online Pregnancy Pilates PLUS Yoga Classes
Join us for LIVE workouts AND access over 120+ on-demand sessions ranging from 13-40 minutes in length. So you’ll always have a workout available to you!
Core Training Modules to Prepare You for Childbirth and Boost your after birth recovery
Access our 5 key modules that walk you through each stage of your pregnancy & postpartum so you can prepare your mind and body and go into the delivery room confident, and support your postnatal recovery.
Ongoing Access to the FitNest Mama Community
Join our Facebook community of like-minded mamas & mamas-to-be. You do not have to be alone on your journey to childbirth. Ask questions and get inspired by others in a similar season as you.
Monthly Mentorship From Maternity Health Experts
Get access to our ongoing mentorship with maternity health experts and live support sessions from any device, anywhere, on topics like infant sleep, breastfeeding, and more! FitNest Mama is perfect for any stage of pregnancy or postpartum.
Get a Sneak Peak of Our Modules
1: Core & Floor Foundations
Foundations of a successful pregnancy and post-birth recovery start here. ‘Core’ is a term that’s thrown around all the time…but do you really know what it means and how to take care of it? Let’s create the foundations for a successful pregnancy and post-birth recovery. This module will reveal:
- The impact pregnancy and postpartum has on your core – it’s not just about your 6 pack!
- Why your pelvic floor function is essential to a smooth recovery (and helpful with lifelong happiness!)
- How to exercise your deep abdominal muscles, without causing damage
- How to reduce the chance of low back pain. Reduce those pregnancy aches!
- How to improve abdominal control so you can regain muscle strength and tone sooner after pregnancy and delivery.
2: Safe & Effective Pre+Postnatal Workouts
Hats off to you, you’re growing a human! Let’s talk about all the changes pregnancy and postpartum brings with it and how to exercise safely. Just some of the things covered in this module include:
- Abdominal Muscle Separation (DRAM) and its impact on recovery
- How to manage DRAM to help prevent it getting worse.
- Why pregnancy and birth affects your pelvic floor function
- Effective ways to reduce the chance of leaking and prolapse issues
- Simple and powerful exercises, 100% designed for pregnancy and postpartum (no more second-guessing!)
3: Prepare Body for Birth & Recovery
It’s showtime! Informed by birth, midwifery, hypnobirthing and medical experts, let’s talk about bringing bubs into the world! Inside this module, you’ll discover:
- The importance of preparing for birth mentally and physically
- Birthing positions for the most comfortable delivery
- Perineal massage – what it is, why you might want to learn more, and how to do it.
- Why caesarean births call for different recovery methods to vaginal births.
- TENS machines for pain relief during labour, and how to use it for best results
- Hypnobirthing, Calmbirthing and its benefits (for both vaginal and caesarean births)
4: Boosting After Birth Recovery (Vaginal & Caesarean Births)
Know that you need to rest, heal and recover but don’t know where to start? This module is a no-holds-barred conversation about postnatal recovery and the strange and sometimes painful recovery sensations you may experience. Part A: Vaginal Recovery Part B: Caesarean Recovery By the end of this module, you’ll know:
- What to look for when caring for your abdominal muscles and core (especially after a C-section)
- Why the perineum (vaginal area) and pelvic floor is vital to short-term and long-term recovery
- How to get out bed safely after having your baby
- Tips for having that first poo after birth
- How to ease into rehabilitative exercise postpartum, slowly, gently and safely
5: Motherhood Wellness and Fitness
You’re making your way through the hazy days of new mama life. Or perhaps you are now months or years after birth. Whatever your stage of motherhood, it’s time to focus on your body and begin doing more of what you love. In this module, we’ll cover:
- How to build your strength and functional fitness without putting your body at risk with inappropriate exercise routines
- Why residual abdominal separation occurs and how to manage it
- Learn how to improve your pelvic floor function to minimise the chance of leaking and prolapse
- Sex after childbirth
- How to safely return to gym, high impact exercise & running, the right way. This membership includes a Bonus 12 week Return to Running Program
- Workouts to target women’s needs beyond birth, into 40s, 50s and beyond.
Kick-Off Your Own Pregnancy Fitness Success Story!
Stay fit during pregnancy and help prepare for a safe, healthy birth with our online pregnancy workouts and programs.
Think About it…
If you hired your own team of trusted experts (like a personal trainer, lactation consultant, physiotherapist, and sleep expert), you could easily spend hundreds of dollars a month preparing for your birth.
Plus, you’d be spending precious time trying to find these people and shuttling yourself from appointment to appointment. And if you have a child already, you’ll need to sort out the childcare too.
The FitNest Mama Prenatal Membership is your one-stop shop for the resources you want and need to prepare for an awesome birth experience, all hand selected for you and available for you to access from the comfort of your home.
Want to learn about breastfeeding while you’re washing dishes? You can!
Want to squeeze in a 15 min workout before your baby woke up from a nap? You can!
Join us for a fraction of the cost of the high-end exercise studio without losing the quality of support. Check out your options below!
THE PREMIUM WORKOUT PROGRAM
Invest in a membership package that suits you
Join FitNest Mama
Both payment options unlock full access to both prenatal AND postnatal workout programs.
- 2 x Weekly Live Pilates classes
- Library of On-demand Workouts
- Pregnancy Pilates, Yoga, Strength Workouts
- Postnatal Recovery Workouts
- Pelvic Floor & Core Restore Workouts
- BONUS: 12 Week Return to Running Program
- BONUS: Preparing for Labour Mini Course
- BONUS: 30 Day Pelvic Floor Challenge
- Support from Physio Kath
- Live Q&As
- Guest speakers
- Facebook community
Pay 6 Monthly
$147 /6 months
Trial FREE for 7 days
Trial FREE for 7 days
Just want the 5 Day Preparing for Labour Mini Course?
And when you join the membership, you also get access to these exclusive bonuses…
5 Day Preparing for Labour Mini Course
Tune into this mini-course over 5 days or binge watch it all at once! We go over:
- Perineal Preparation and Massage
- How to use a TENS Machine
- Active Birth Techniques
- Boosting Recovery
30 Day Pelvic Floor Challenge
You can choose to easily unlock this 30 day pelvic floor challenge:
- Receive daily short pelvic floor videos to your inbox
- Progressively strengthen your pelvic floor muscles
- Suitable for pregnancy or postpartum
FitNest 12 Week Return to Running Program
Designed for Mamas who want to get back into running or other higher-intensity workouts after giving birth. This 12 week plan helps you step-by-step prepare your body for increased activity in a safe, science-proven, and sustainable way.
- Tests to check if your body is ready to hit the pavements
- 2 specific return to running workouts per week for 12 weeks
- Stretches and exercises to help you prepare
- Physio-designed running plan
… All yours when you sign up for the membership!
It is recommended you don’t commence this program until you are at least 12 weeks postnatal, but in the meantime, you can dive into our extensive range of other postnatal workouts perfect for your stage of postpartum.
Hear What Our Mums Are Saying About Us
Listen to the pregnancy success stories of other mums who we have helped to prepare their bodies for pregnancy, childbirth & recover afterwards with our online exercise programs.
Jessica | 2 Months Postnatal, 2nd Bubba
Such an amazing resource you have created. I went into third trimester, labour and fourth trimester with way more feelings of control and confidence than I had last time
Lisa | New Mum
We had such an amazing birth experience… I also used the positions you taught in the preparing for birth workshop. Thanks so much for all your guidance and support Kath. I’m looking forward to getting stuck in to the postpartum workouts soon.
Kath S | New Mum
One of the best supports for the lead up to childbirth and postpartum health.
Jodie | 6 Months Postnatal, First Bubba
Thanks so much Kath & FitNest, you’ve honestly helped me feel so much more prepared and confident about my first pregnancy and birth! xx
7 Day Free Trial
Join the membership today, and start your 7 day FREE trial! You will have a whole week to try workouts, watch a few classes, and decide to stay. If you want to end your subscription within that 7 days you can do so no questions asked!
Is FitNest Mama safe during pregnancy or soon after birth?
FitNest Mama is created by a qualified and practicing physiotherapist – not a general personal trainer. Kath has worked with women of all life stages and abilities, and provides different levels and modifications to help you safely look after your body during your phase of motherhood.
What’s more, FitNest Mama provides holistic care – it’s more than workouts and information. It has input from dieticians, midwives, respected hypnobirthing experts, and more.
If you're very early after birth 0-6 weeks, FitNest helps to provide support and advice to help you rest and recover. Then once you've had medical clearance and you feel like your body is ready for it, you can commence our postnatal workouts.
I'm busy! Will I still get value out of the membership?
When you’re growing a human or deep in the newborn bubble, time is in short supply.
That’s why FitNest Mama Memberships are self-paced. Visit the workouts, resources and our community as you need to without worrying about a timed completion schedule.
Online education modules are short and sharp video tutorials (3-4 per module, average length of 10 minutes). You’ll have the detail you need without any of the fluff you don’t.
What happens if I can't attend the live workouts, Q&As or guest speaker events?
You won’t miss a thing! All workouts, Q&As and videos are saved for you to watch in the App when it suits you, so don't worry if you can't join us at their scheduled time.
What happens if I have pelvic girdle and/or lower back pain?
FitNest Mama has a selection of pain friendly workouts that have been created for mamas with an achey pelvis or back. In addition, all workouts are created by a perinatal physiotherapist, and modifications are always provided for those in discomfort.
FitNest will perfectly compliment any hands-on/face to face treatment you may require.
Do I need to be fit before I join?
FitNest isn’t about being “fit”, it is about feeling great, and moving in a way that is going to help your body rejuvenate and restore so that you can get the most out of your stage of motherhood. FitNest has been created by a physio and caters for different levels of strength and fitness. FitNest not only offers Live Pilates Classes, but also a large library of on-demand (24/7) workouts, along with modifications for different levels of ability. FitNest Mama’s learnings are self-paced for every stage of your pregnancy and postnatal journey. This means you don’t need to have a certain level of fitness or experience.
If you’re not exercising, now’s the best time to change that!
Because you receive support from a physio for women, you can ask questions in real-time, and you will have help to feel clear and confident about getting maximum results from your membership.
I'm nearly at the end of my pregnancy, is FitNest still useful?
Absolutely! If you’re at any stage of pregnancy or postpartum, the answer is yes!
When you are 36 weeks+ pregnant, there is heaps of information to help you have an empowered and confident childbirth experience and amazing postnatal recovery.
FitNest has been designed to help you with whichever stage of pregnancy, childbirth or after birth recovery you require, right through from pregnancy to years post birth.
What sort of workouts are included?
There are a range of workouts on the App to suit everyone.
Choose from pilates, yoga, express, strength, childbirth prep, live classes on on-demand workouts.
All workouts are easily accessible via the FitNest Mama App and can be streamed to your TV and all devices.